So I’m big into seasons. The tagline for this blog is creating your season all year ’round. Anyone who knows me knows that I refer to April 17-May 31 as MY season. My birthday is on the 17th of May and I consider that the start of my new year. May 16 is my new years eve. From the time the 4 week countdown begins till the end of May I’m in full on celebration mode. Life is a party and I’m the guest of honor. I feel powerful, unstoppable, energetic, playful and ready for whatever.Nobody can tell me shit and I feel really light in spirit. For some people that feeling comes in the new calendar year. They approach January as a time to make bold declarations about what they will implement for the new year and feel pumped up and ready to take on the world. Others feel a surge of joy and lightness in summer, more sun and longer days fueling both their productivity and sense of adventure. Whatever that special season is for you wouldn’t it be wonderful to live and feel that way all year long? I started thinking about what is it I’m tapping into that makes me feel so powerful, aligned and adventurous. How can I create this all year? So I broke it down .
What are the feelings?
- Refusal to let anything get me down- Don’t bring a cloud to rain on my parade!
- Playfulness – Hey I’ve made it another year let’s try something new
- More time spent in meditation and prayer- Talking and listening to the Most High
- Generous with myself and others, getting what I want without my usual price comparisons and find myself treating my friends more often as well – Ballin!
- I see everything as working out in my favor-All I do is win win win no matter what!
- I’m more attuned to beauty and take more time with makeup ,clothing choice and adornments for myself than I usually do- Glamorous Life honey!
How do I recreate these feelings?
- Faith- Understanding that even seemingly “down” periods are ultimately to my benefit and needed to create a balance
- Grace- Knowing that I am blessed even when I feel unworthy and that help from a higher power is always available to me
- Patience- Not rushing myself through slower, more restful periods. Allowing myself to be in them with no pressure to get back to high productivity. Knowing that once I’m rested,inspired, and have clarity I will naturally shift gears.
- Curiosity- Staying curious about life and all it has to offer me. Seeking out adventure and staying open to learning and trying new things
- Abundance- Feeling that it’s ok to splurge on what I really want or treat a friend to lunch. At any particular time.
- Keep it Glamorous- Tap into the fun of feminine dress, makeup and adornments.
Have I been successful at creating my season year ’round? Somewhat. I’m a work in progress and there are times when I get stuck. I have to remind myself often to keep it glamorous as I tend to prefer sweats, unmatching socks and zero makeup in my day-to-day life and it also takes some effort for me to truly remain in an abundance mindset. Patience with myself is another one that trips me up from time to time. But when I can take some time to think about how damn good I feel April 17-May 31 and having identified exactly what I’m feeling and what is required of me to hold on to those feelings I do a pretty good job at creating and staying in my season all year long and I wanted to share in the hopes that it helps others create and stay in theirs.